Last Saturday I was privileged to help Betsy pamper two of my most favorite girls. Tabitha and Kristin were in our small group when we still had a college age group at our house and I miss them and all the others tremendously. I love my children (part of the reason life got busy and we decided it was time to take a break from hosting/leading) and I love our current small group but there is a part of me that really, really misses having the singles in our home. I learned just as much and probably more from them than I have from our current small group. Not because our current bible study is bad but because we had been with the others for a long time and they knew me/us very well. Now it's a lot harder to connect, when babies and other things of life keep us from small group half of the time. One time someone eluded to our singles small group not being as "spiritually mature" as an adult group and I had a hard time not losing it on them. I was encouraged, challenged, blessed and uplifted by them in a way that God has set in my heart forever. I digress...
These two girls were being pampered by their significant others to a day of surprise. Betsy's Beauty Boutique was one of the stops during the day. Sparkling cider, manicures, pedicures, makeup and hair were all part of the fun!! I was just Miss Betsy's humble assistant but I was equally as blessed just to get to spend time with the girls. Anella even managed to wake up long enough for her afternoon feeding and I think she enjoyed it too.
I'm sorry I missed play group this week with other moms because I love some relaxing girl time!!
1 comment:
oooooooh i love and miss betsy and her wonderful gift of hospitality! i'll never forget the way she used to write me notes/cards at school while matt and i were dating. love that girl!
Post a Comment