We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at Grammy's house. We really enjoyed being the last to leave (hopefully mom and dad did too) because we rarely get to enjoy my parents when it's just our family. On Friday John bought the most beautiful Christmas tree I've ever had and on Saturday we attempted to decorate it. It took about 5 hours, 2 trips to town and a "pretend" bedtime for the kids so we could get it up. Of course two strands of lights didn't work, and the kids were having a melt down so we finally got them ready for bed and put them in while we got the lights arranged and the ornaments we didn't want broke on the highest branches. It was actually really fun to bring them downstairs and see their faces with the tree all lit. Then they helped us put up their special ornaments and the less breakable ones. :-) So we've had a tree now for not quite 48 hours and already we're 4 ornaments down and I'm considering only having lights on the bottom two feet of the tree. :-)
Anella has started smiling and cooing a little which I love just as much with each of the kids. I got over the thrill of a funny burp or grunting to poop but the first smiles are always a kick!! I love that she looks like I'm her favorite person on earth, then when she gives the stuffed elephant on her swing the same look I realise she's thrilled with everything.
2 comments:
How wonderful! My sister got to the point where she bought non-breakable ones to put on the bottom half of the tree. Looks great! Anella and the tree!
Oh, it looks so nice - the tree, the new house, the smiling baby :) By the way, I love the name Anella. My roommate's mom in college was named Anelle and she was one of my most favorite people.
Post a Comment