Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A must do


If you haven't been to Krohn Conservatory in Cincinnati yet I definitely recommend it. It's free, it isn't an all day event (nice for those of us who have someone to feed every 3 hours) and it's really neat! If you go in the evenings I think they have a live nativity outside now too. Which I'm surprised hasn't been removed for being to intolerant but I'm thankful. We haven't seen it yet this year, I guess we went to early. We'll be back for sure. Prepare yourself for lots of pictures, I really like this place so therefore I figure you all must want to see it too. :-)
Above is the train display in the poinsettia room. I can't believe I forgot a picture of the poinsettia "tree". We went every year as kids and the tree seemed 50 feet tall. In reality I think it's about 6 feet. :-)


They have a beautiful orchid room which I had to be drug out of by my 22 month old saying, "time to go now mommy":


Mommy- "Buggy, don't put your head in there." Buggy- "It's okay, I can."

Mommy- "What did I tell you?"

Bonus shot of Anella:

Doesn't this make you want to sleep on your daddy's chest again? So peaceful.
e

8 comments:

Paulina said...

Oh that looks like fun and your pics are amazing! We'll have to make a trip up, I didn't realize they decorated for Christmas!

Lee and Candace said...

Wow, I've never been there. I'm definitely going to have to make a trip. Orchids are my favorite flower. Your little girl is so precious.

Kimberly said...

So beautiful! All of it and them!

The Talberts said...

Ooooh. I want to go! Do you know where I could find info about it? Like .. hours of operation and whatnot? My grandma is coming in to town soon and we are trying to find cheap, fun things to do while she's here.
Also .. I love seeing my newborns sleeping on Ben's chest, too. So sweet. She is so precious.

krissy said...

Melissa, hope the link helps. My parents said there is a live (people and all) nativity at a church down in southern Campbell County at a church she speaks at once in a while for the New Hope Center. I'll try to get the info for you. We love to just drive around and look at Christmas lights too... if you have any cheap or free ideas too, please let me know!

Lee and Candace said...

The Creation Museum is also having a live nativity. The nativity is free to the public to see. I know it will be open during the day, but certain nights between 6-8 p.m. they are having live actors also along the nativity "route." The first night it starts is December 12. See CreationMuseum.org for details.

krissy said...

Thanks Candace!!

the mama said...

Can dad and I go too?!