Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Eggnog Muffins

One of the many reasons it's fun to have John's mom in town- she bring fun magazines to read. This recipe is from one of those and I really liked it. I didn't make the streusel topping because it only ever ends up on the floor but I'm sure if your Christmas guests are a little more coordinated than my 1 and 3 year old then you'll be okay. :-)

  • 2 1/4 cup of flower
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 2 eggs lightly beaten
  • 1 cup eggnog
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp of rum extract (I didn't use this but from the sound of some of your blogs I think you may like it!!)
  1. Grease twelve 2 1/2 inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups, set aside. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and nutmeg. Make a well in the center of flour mixture, set aside.
  2. In another bowl, combine eggs, eggnog, melted butter, vanilla and rum extract. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two thirds full. Sprinkle with streusel topping.
  3. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 18-20 minutes, or until golden and a wooden toothpick insert comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes, remove from muffin cups, serve warm.

Nutmeg-Streusel Topping- In small bowl mix 1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg. Using pastry blender, cut in 2 Tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

(Why won't spell check recognise "streusel"?)

Also, Anella is now 10 lbs, 11oz. and 22 1/4 inches of a sweet little girl. Who already (7 weeks) talks, smiles, and has started to give one big "HA!" if you're funny looking at the time. If I knew how to upload a video I'd show you. :-)

No comments: