I forgot to finish my meme and when I realized how badly I needed to clean off this stand I remembered that Sally asked for a picture of my bedside table. I don't have one but we did need to put the phone somewhere (can you see it behind there?) so we used this flower stand and I started piling my books on it too!
Melissa asked for a picture of something someone made for me. I was torn though so I'm showing you all a few. :-)
This little heart box is one that John brought on my birthday date when we had just started dating. He had a whole day of surprises, one of which was to stop at Starbucks after ice skating and he had this little box and some paints and we painted it together. I did the lid and he did the box. :-) Wow, only five years ago, and here we are with three kids!!!!

This shadow box wasn't exactly made for me but the stuff in it was given to me and I love it. My Dora was named after her great-grandmother. Grandma Dora is a twin and her twin sister (Aunt Doris) had a daughter named Dora Jayne who went to Jesus when she was young. Aunt Doris mailed us this nightgown that she had made during the war with a flour sack for Dora Jayne. The tiny sock was one of great-grandma's. The top picture is Dora Jayne, the bottom one is of the twins as babies and the letter is from Aunt Doris explaining it all. The separate picture hanging underneath is one we took of our Dora in the night gown.

This tree skirt is one that Betsy and I made the first year John and I were married. I would never have done it with out Betsy. Most things that Betsy and I do she does most of. :-)
Here is the Nella Bear ready for her after noon out with mommy and daddy. My brother and sister-in-law took the older two out for the day and we had all Saturday to do whatever we wanted. It was supposed to be the kids Christmas present but I'm pretty sure it was mine too!!!!
Anella loves Izzy's too.

After the afternoon of shopping we met my parents for dinner and then when to the creation museum. It's the must do #3. It was really cold but really worth it. (And yes, it's free)
This shadow box wasn't exactly made for me but the stuff in it was given to me and I love it. My Dora was named after her great-grandmother. Grandma Dora is a twin and her twin sister (Aunt Doris) had a daughter named Dora Jayne who went to Jesus when she was young. Aunt Doris mailed us this nightgown that she had made during the war with a flour sack for Dora Jayne. The tiny sock was one of great-grandma's. The top picture is Dora Jayne, the bottom one is of the twins as babies and the letter is from Aunt Doris explaining it all. The separate picture hanging underneath is one we took of our Dora in the night gown.
This tree skirt is one that Betsy and I made the first year John and I were married. I would never have done it with out Betsy. Most things that Betsy and I do she does most of. :-)
After the afternoon of shopping we met my parents for dinner and then when to the creation museum. It's the must do #3. It was really cold but really worth it. (And yes, it's free)
2 comments:
The reason I do most of the 'stuff' when we are together, is because you are have learned to be Mary and I am still the Martha...much to learn! I work, while you enjoy the relationships. :) And I still love that tree skirt!
Betsy, That's no true at all. You're more talented. period.:-)
Post a Comment