Monday, June 23, 2008

Wright Patterson Air Force Museum

We went to the Air Force Museum today and had a great time! I highly recommend this for anyone. Our kids did great because there is so much to look at and a new smaller room with hands on things at the end. (Plus, it's air conditioned if you go on a hot summer day and it's free!) John Patrick walked around for 3 1/2 hours which I was so surprised by. At the end he was looking very tired so we tried to force him into the stroller with Dora and then found out that he was afraid of the "bad guys" that he had been seeing in the pictures (just other airplanes but I was explaining how our soldiers were so brave to protect us from the bad guys...oops.) and for some reason he felt safer if he was out of the stroller and able to keep an eye on it all!

I have sooo many good pictures but I picked just a few. :-)



JP with "the mean one".
John and Buster walking through a cargo plane.
Dora's favorite exhibit- "vittles" the puppy who recorded about 2,000 hours in a plane with his owner flying in the Berlin air raids!
Astronaut John Patrick ready for lift off.
Dora, thrilled to be out of the stroller!!!!

3 comments:

The Talberts said...

Ha! Love the last one of Dora.

Kimberly said...

That one of John and John Patrick going up the steps is so...symbolic. Daddy leading the little boy. It sound cheesy, but I really noticed that one.

crystal said...

Love the picts! Are Dora's eyes for real?? They are so big and beautiful!! Krissy, thanks for the comment on my blog, I agree it will be fun to keep in contact. Kurt and I are taking over for the Dewalds beginning next week through the end of summer so I will definitely be seeing you guys soon. Can't wait to get to know JP better! Also, we observed when JP came with Peyton and I have a funny story but I don't want about them but I don't want to post it publicly. Can you e-mail at crystalkurt413@fuse.net and I'll send it to you:-)