Saturday, May 16, 2009

content to be typical

I admit it, I often skim verses. Don't. This is so good:
"God chose what is low and despised in the world even things that are not to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom and our righteousness and sanctification and redemption. Therefore as it is written, Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."
Sometimes I realise my "notness". Like this week. Nothing new, just one of those weeks.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these verses. They make an ugly week something that it would never be outside of Christ. A BLAZING tribute to his power and sufficiency to forgive and use days that otherwise would have been lost as... yucky :-) and make them a picture of his grace. I can't worship him enough for paying the price for this selfishness of mine.
I'm trying not to be wordy but I have to quote this song:
"When Satan's accusations, make my poor heart afraid, I hear my savior saying, Father that debt is paid!!! Jesus my only hope my only plea, my righteousness, my great high priest, who intercedes for me before the throne. Jesus I trust in you alone!"
Anyhow, in light of being "just plain us"-nothing more- here is a tribute to being typical-to our Redeemers praise!!
Typically silly typically boy

typically adventurous


typically spring

typically beautiful and typically dora (notice the singing- it goes something like, "laaaaaaaaaaa")

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Great post, Kris. God is so good.

Carrie S said...

Great reminders and beautiful pictures!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Thanks for this excellent reminder of His great love toward us! You should write a devotional book...

krissy said...

right, s- it will be called something like- "tired, confused woman gets it once in a while"