Friday, January 30, 2009

More sayings from Buddy

When I put him down for bed last night I sang "Yes, Lord" to him: "I'm trading my sorrows, I'm trading my shame, I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord." When I was finished singing John Patrick said, "Mommy, you're laying me down for the joy of the Lord." I told my mom he's right on so many levels!
Also, today when we went outside he said, "Mommy, look at all these cool ice tickles." I just couldn't bring myself to correct that one. Kia, I think you should write a short children's story called Ice Tickles.

Also an update on Anella: She had her three month appointment yesterday and she is 24 inches long (75 percentile) and 12lbs 13oz (50 percentile). Growing like a weed and more precious every minute! (And John Patrick managed to make it through Anella getting shots. She barely even cried he's just a very caring brother.)

1 comment:

Carrie S said...

Love that you record those precious things that little ones say. I have a little spiral notebook that I try to remember to write those things down in. I'm always amazed when I look back at how much I've forgotten and how thrilled I am that I took the time to write it down.