Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the water...

...you turn around and realize your sister has decided to take up pooping in it again. bummer.

On a different note, JP has taken to describing things as "holy cow big". I love it! He said to me today, "I used to be a baby but now I'm holy cow big."
Not that his confusion on phrases is always cute. Today he told me he couldn't poop on the potty because he, "is to stupid." I almost cried. Where on earth did he get that phrase? My only guess is the older boys at small group last night because we certainly never talk like that. (not that I think they used it that way just that he picked up on it and then confused it.)

In conclusion, we have pooping issues. A three year old that is making head way but one pair of underwear was thrown out again today. And a 2 year old that likes to see it float. sorry mom. I know you just said something like, "Stop talking like that!!"
They are making Anella's blow-outs look like a garden of petunias.

I'm off to take down my Christmas tree. that's right. you heard me. I think I heard it begging me to put it out of it's misery last night. I'm guessing it will be at least a 3 day process. If I wasn't on a diet I would make Christmas cookies just as a way to make it fun. I guess we'll just have to go without. again, bummer.

4 comments:

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Oh, the poo! I threw away my share of "used up" underwear back in those days! Ugh! I'm sending sympathy your way!

Also wanting a cookie,

Susan

Kentucky Kate said...

Kudos on getting him this far. We might have to come over for potty training lessons. I'm clearly inept. I asked Elise if she wanted to sit on the potty chair today and she said, "Nope. Lisie go sit in the big chair now." Apparently she thinks she should get the same accolades for sitting in the recliner.

krissy said...

Kate-That is funny!!! I'm sorry to say that the best way for us (obviosly this only applies to potty not poop) was to pump him full of juice and take about 2-3 days of cleaning up the accidents. It was definatly the best way I tried. Just don't plan on going anywhere for a few days. Hence the reason I have not started with Dora yet. I'm almost ready.
I wouldn't be surprised if I have totally different advice after her though. Every other aspect of parenting is different between the two of them!! I'll let you know.

krissy said...

Oh, I forgot to say- after I pumped him full of juice I set the timer for 15 minutes and he got one smarty for having dry pants and another for peeing in the potty... all day long. But don't make the mistake of trying to set it longer- I kept trying 20 minutes- it just didn't work.