Torture: Every now and then I catch Dora trying to help by changing baby Hope's diaper or clothes. She means well but it isn't baby Hope's most favorite pastime. She really doesn't like anyone changing her clothes when it comes time to pull a onsie or shirt over her head.
Anyway, this week I found Dora in the crib with all Hope's clothes off and a neatly changed diaper. I told her she wouldn't be able to play with Hope for the rest of the day or tomorrow because it's dangerous and she isn't obeying.
WELL! You would have thought I was trying Chinese water torture on the girl. "She NEEDS me!" "I can't forget her!" She rarely protests to anything like she did with this.
If I was mean I would use this for the rest of her life in 15 minute increments. But I can't, she was that upset. It just wouldn't be right. Hope obviously needs her. (And outside of trying to change her I think Hope agrees. She squeals like crazy when Dora plays with her.)
Confession: Anella brought me a play dough toy with old hard play dough stuck in it and said, "Mama, will you get this out? Somebody left this in there... I did."
Is that funny to you readers? Because Anella has so many "you had to be there" moments where you would die laughing if you could hear her tone and see her eyes that sometimes I"m not sure if it's funny to read. Not that I'm going to stop posting them, hopefully I'll always laugh when I remember the story.
2 comments:
Oh, it's funny! Anyone who knows Nells will hear her saying it.
Hope will always have two mamas...and you will always have a (mostly) reliable helper.
I love it. Girls. Funny funny girls.
Post a Comment