Monday, February 14, 2011

Baby Hope

We missed Hope's dr's appointment on Monday so I rescheduled for Wednesday and she is 14 pounds 10 oz. A very healthy girl. :-) I asked the doctor why she didn't poop very much and she said because baby Hope is "very efficient at using what she consumes". haha. Me too. :-)
During the assessment questions the nurse asked if she was rolling over yet. I laughed at her and thought, "rolling over! She's only 4.5 months old." When we got home I put her on her tummy and she promptly rolled over.
I'm just trying to save her from being trampled. I usually keep her in the swing or bouncy seat. But apparently I'm stunting her development. I figure being trampled by a sibling would stunt her development too though.
So, on Thursday I got a letter in the mail from the pediatrician saying if I miss another appointment I could have a fine applied to my account. I noticed it didn't say how much so I called and asked how much the fine is. Are you ready for this? Ninety-five dollars!! I cancelled Hope's 6 month appointment. :-) I kept it on my calendar and figure I'll call the week of and see what's available. I can't trust myself that much.
My mom thought I should get a credit for each time I can get there 15 minutes early. I was thinking some sort of credit for each baby I have allowed him to see. I mean seriously, when did it go from a competitive market of trying to get your business to a ninety-five dollar penalty for not showing? I guess to their credit I rarely ever have to wait more than 5 minutes to be seen so maybe they don't schedule people on top of each other and therefore see fit to charge you an arm and a leg for missing. Who knows. I'll get off my soap box now.

3 comments:

Kate said...

1. That is what my digital house scale says that Mia weighs!
2. A FINE!?! For missing appointments?
3. Why do you miss so many appointments? I mean I am not judging because you have twice as many kids as I do however dont they give you a courtesy call the day before? Do you forget or just decide its not as important at the last minute?
These are just some questions I have... Oh and I dont think Mia rolled over until 5+ months... Hopie is advanced!

krissy said...

I only missed the one, Kate. I mean, I think I've missed one other in years past but just this one as of now. She said you get one per year and then a fine. And yes, I probably shouldn't have made the appointment on a Monday. The courtesy call on Friday was long forgetten. It was totally my fault, I just think it's a steep penalty.

The Talberts said...

I have never heard of a penalty for missing, either. And you know .. my last two babies didn't poop much, either. Once a week until they started solids. And it seemed like it was always on Sunday and, by that point, a pretty big deal. My ped. told me it was normal for breastfed babes to go a week at a time. ;)