
Dinner tonight was a recipe I hadn't made in a long time.
I don't make it much because it's kind of heavy and I like to eat dinner. I'm aware that experts say to get most of your calories early in the day. When I try that I just end up eating more calories. I have it boiled down to one thing: sleep. I can blame most things on a lack of sleep. As the day goes on all things get harder. I'll assume this isn't just me. And anyway, I enjoy cooking almost as much as kissing on baby Hope's 14 pound cheeks so I want to eat what I've been creating.
What was I saying?
I'm defending eating dinner and lost my train of thought.
I need to go to sleep...
right, the recipe...
- 1 cup Picante sauce (my recipe is homemade but I have found the Kroger brand is fine.)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- fettuccine
- chicken breasts
- chopped fresh cilantro
- peanuts
- thinly sliced red or yellow bell pepper
Very simple to create. Just mix the sauce ingredients (which, by the way don't seem like enough. I double it and that makes too much but I prefer left overs.) together in a sauce pan until smooth. Pan fry the chicken in olive oil and butter mix. (Have you all jumped on the ban wagon of cooking chicken this way? It's worth jumping on. It's great.) Cook fettuccine. Serve with the cilantro, peanuts and bell peppers. (the kiddos love the independence of putting there own toppings on.) Yum.
And a piece of great advice from my usually passive wonderfully wise Grandpa Neal: When I told him all the remarks I get in the grocery store about being crazy for having so many little ones, he said, "Well Kris, you just hit them over the head with your frozen hamburger." :-) haha. (All my siblings just had a great laugh.)
1 comment:
I think the ingredients are an odd assortment...The picture I am in love with!
Post a Comment