Mommy has been asking for a lot of forgiveness lately. From my kids but more often from my Savior. Who, by the way, is beautiful from the vantage point of my knees. :-)
I don't know what (besides sin) has reared it head in me but I am stopped often lately with, "yes, Lord, I see it, forgive me." And he does. Then we do it again in the not to distant future.
SO, with that said, I brought in a broken toothpick and a log this morning to explain Matthew 7 "take the log out of your own eye before examining the speck in your brothers" to my kids.
It went over well and I thought, "my won't that be a good tool for me to show them how to quit picking on each other"
Then I got it out for my own log removal.... then myself again... then myself again.
I'll be leaving that in the office now for easier access. :-)
(it did help the kids listen better when we got to the speck part though, just in case you wondered)
3 comments:
Love the idea of using the toothpick to teach Matthew 7! I could stab myself a few times to remind myself too unfortunately! Do you follow a devotional book for the kids or do you plan your own teachings?
Crystal, My only plan is to read a little straight from God word each morning. Sometimes during breakfast, sometimes on the couch, it changes. We're still in Genisis right now.
We have some other things (songs or hymns I want them to learn, questions, creeds and stuff) that I want to do but don't always make time for. I really like Jim and Elizabeth George's book- God's Wisdom for Little Boys (and likewise for girls). Simple and easy. (great CHristmas gift!) Also, RC Sproul has a few kids books that are really really good. Stories that contain the gospel message.
Any ideas you have are welcome too!!
Krissy .. next time you do this particular lesson, please invite me over. I think I could use some help with the whole thing.
I've been asking for forgiveness right and left, too.
Post a Comment