Monday, June 29, 2009

Just for Melissa

It's very kind that you miss me but without pictures I have nothing. :-) "Pictures say..." you know the quote? With me they say all the words. I'm trying to look at cameras but I just haven't purchased one yet. What a hard decision!! I almost bought one at Costco last week but the didn't have what I want.
Here's a brief overview of life for anyone else who may care:
  • The garden is growing growing, yeah! I can't wait. I'll be needing any tomitillo (sp?) recipes you all suggest because I bought a plant on a whim and I have no idea what to do with it.
  • Dora still won't potty train so I'm hoping for a miracle day like Katie N. had.
  • Anella is trying to crawl. She gets to her knees and moves each appendage once. She also stretches her arms in the air when I say, "How big is Anella?" It's sooo cute. AND she tells me "no" already. I'm not sure how she picked this up because she just started shaking her head violently from side to side when I say "no no". I hardly ever tell her no.
  • Buster... what about him... he is growing just as fast as the garden. This morning he hobbled around for a little while because his legs hurt. This has happened a few times in the last few months. He eats like a horse too.
  • We visited my family in Indiana last weekend. I LOVE my grandpa. He is without question the kindest person on the planet. He is so unassuming. He seems to just... understand. Definitely a kindred spirit. I tried to make a memory while we rode all together on the gator- of him holding Anella on his knee with the sun shining on his old leathery, tan skin. We drove the gator to a "crick" by his house. The road to the crick is over-grown and the trees made a beautiful canopy while we bumped along. Grandpa handed me Anella to make the final decent down the "big hill" (pretty much like my drive way but big in Indiana farming terms) and we all piled out for some fun rock throwing. The crick over-flows the bridge that covers it with the least amount of rain so the was a nice little waterfall. I went to one end of the pipe that runs under the bridge to show Buster how I could put a branch through and it would come out the other side. As I was bent over to stick it in... SPLASH, right next to me Dora goes head first in her little sun dress right into the water!!! I grabbed her by the dress and hauled her out. This really didn't faze her, not much does, she was just a little annoyed. My Grandpa's thoughts? In a sloooow country draw, "Byyyyy God it's a good thing I didn't see her fall in!! I'd a had heart attack." :-)

So, there's a little update and I hope to post more with pictures soon!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I like your grandpa. :)

The Talberts said...

Ooooh. We have tomatillos too and I do have a good green salsa recipe when you need it.
Your grandpa's comment made me laugh. I could just picture the whole thing.

Glad to catch up with you a little bit. :)

m.

the mama said...

I saw the whole thing in my minds eye...and it makes me smile.