Sunday, December 16, 2012

The weekend

If you want to pretend like this is Hope looking longingly out a window awaiting our first snow, you can.
In reality she's watching Curious George.

Friday we went to Taft Theater for a play/musical. We were given free seats from a friend and it was very fun. 
From the parking garage to the theater Hope kept pointing at all kinds of down town things (pigeons, TANK buses, homeless men...) saying, "wook momma! wook!"      

Nella's thoughtful face.

I'll leave you with some funny moments from the church nursery room this morning where I was working:

Me, while reading a storybook bible-"Well, this ark is pink. Do you think the real ark was pink?"
Nella, "NO!... It was purple."

Hope turned to the story of Moses parting the Red Sea and started singing, "OHHHH Santaaaa!!!" :-) I suppose they do resemble each other with the long white beards.

Our pastor's sermon can be heard from the nursery room and I was neglecting the kids while I listened and took notes. When I snapped back into reality and turned around I found Hope had created a water table and was pouring water back and forth between three cups and splashing in the spills. Man I'm a great teacher!

1 comment:

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Man, that is a great family photo!

And what's a little water on the floor if you got some good notes?!

;0)

s