Monday, June 25, 2012

coffee cake and Sunday morning

 Sometimes you just need a quick and easy, completely delicious coffee cake. This will be my new go to. It's not as fancy as something with fruit and rich icing, but it is perfectly moist and flavorful. (nothing is worse than dry coffee cake. okay, a lot of things are, but isn't it disappointing?)
  • butter and flour (or use the spray) 9 inch tube pan (I used  a bunt)
  • preheat oven to 350
  • Cream 2 cups sugar and 1 cup butter
  • add 2 eggs, 1 cup sour cream, and 1tsp vanilla
  • sift and add 2 cups flour, 1tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt
  • Pecan filling- combine~ 1 cup chopped pecans, 1tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp sugar
  • spread half of batter into prepared pan, sprinkle 3/4 pecan mixture, add remaining batter, top with remaining pecan mixture
  • bake at 350 for 1 hour

Most mornings I enforce the kids staying in bed until the alarm goes off. Usually that helps them sleep a little longer and not be so excited for what the day holds that they're up at 6:15. :-) I love them, but I love 6:15am without them. :-) Anyhow, there was warm coffee cake this Sunday morning and it was such a lovely sunny morning that I let them trickle onto the porch all squishy faced and snuggly.


Matching dresses from Noni. I LOVE matching dresses! So far, my girls don't mind.

Hope refused to sit for this picture. Pick your battles. 5 minutes before leaving for church was not going to be one for me.

No comments: