Monday, June 6, 2011

Big kids





My eldest two babies left for Iowa last week to spend 6 days with Noni and Papa. To say they were excited would be an understatement. The night before they left John Patrick was a little concerned about leaving daddy behind, but he got over it quickly in the morning. They left Thursday and come home tomorrow. I was so afraid they would get out there and panic and want to come home.... haha. hahahaha. ha.


Not the case.


Every time I call I can hardly get two words out of them and they say, "Bye mom." And then they're gone. As if they don't need me at all. The one who brought them into this world. The one who keeps them healthy and happy and... oh well, it's no use. They're not stupid. They know when they're getting hours of attention from cool grandparents, uncle and aunt. They've probably had more privileges in the last 6 days than I've given them in the last 6 months!


When Noni told them they were going home tomorrow what did they say? Dora (my favorite child ;-) said, "yeah!" the other one said, "oh man..." As in, "bummer, now I'm going to have to clean out the dishwasher again."


Lest you think I'm just sitting around here wallowing in self pity that I'm no longer loved, here is proof that good times were had by all. Even those left behind.


If your mommy asked you, "would you like to take a nap in the hammock or in your bed?" which one would you choose? I'm with Nella.


And for those mothers of small children out there I would just like to say... we aren't nuts and we really can still put together a complete thought given the opportunity. :-)


I'm greeting my precious children tomorrow and even if they are a little sad to leave Noni, I'm going to kiss their squishy cheeks one hundred times. I missed them.

5 comments:

Geeg said...

AWWW So sweet. So fun.

Kay said...

But they'll have a greater appreciation of you when they get home, right? ;0)

the mama said...

Only thing that could have improved on this post would have been the addition of a picture of Hope Rose Toes.

Kara said...

This is exactly why I don't like to send my kids off- they don't miss me one iota!!! And just like your kids, they are always too busy to give me any good phone conversation. School is out now and they are wondering when they can go back to grandma and grandpa's for a week. I will only spare 2 children. Maybe 3.

Kimberly said...

This totally made me laugh! Even at 2, Clay loves his grandparents house and usually comes home hopped up on sugar - which he doesn't really get at home. :)