Sunday, October 25, 2009

taking thoughts captive

John Patrick has been having a hard time sleeping lately because of "bad guy dreams". So tonight I explained "taking every though captive to the obedience of Christ." And encouraged him to say his nighttime verse and to think of all the fun things he likes to think about or sing some songs. As I'm walking back down the hallway I hear him start singing, "take me out to the baaaaall game." precious.
In about ten minutes he yells, "mommy!" "it worked for a little while but I can't think of anything else." (he's sooooo sleepy mind you he just can't turn his imagination off.) So, I told him to just say his bible verse over and over in his head. I forgot to mention the "until you get to sleep" part. Five minutes later he calls again, "My brain just keeps falling asleep."
I told him I was proud and turned the hall light on. I love that kid.

1 comment:

The Talberts said...

Awww. That is precious.