I always think I can't post anything here without pictures. (to which you aunts and grandmothers will probably agree) But getting all of it hooked up just takes time and I don't want to put off some of the funny things happening around here any longer.
The list of funny quotables:
Dora says "good grief" when something really is good. For example, when I find something I've lost she'll say, "good grief you found that, right mommy?"
John Patrick uses the word "random" in all the right places but says "ramid". I know he's probably too old to let it go but I'll admit that I did for awhile. It was just so endearing.
Anella and Dora have swapped beds for now. We'll see how long it lasts. I'm not sure Hope appreciates the change. I think her bed was the only place she got a moments peace from her second mommy who would claim Hope as hers if I wasn't here. And, really, she is half the reason Hope eats, baths or gets out of her footy pj's so I guess she deserves some bragging rights.
John Patrick's schooling is still going well. We are walking a balance of enjoying the freedom and time we have to explore curiosities about things like what deep sea creatures eat while remembering those pesky math facts aren't going anywhere and there's no way of getting around memorizing them. We can play games every now and then but let's face it- nothing works quite like a flash card. Competition seems to motivate him so I'm using that to my advantage a little. I've been giving him 3 seconds and then I get to answer but he won by a land slide today so I think it's no more nice mommy tomorrow. :-)
Oh, and Hope started greeting John Patrick in the mornings with a, "ha bubba." I love it.
So now we have Sissy (Anella's name for Dora) and Bubba. Can we get any more KY?
1 comment:
with or without pictures this was a fun post!
Post a Comment