This is what I get for asking a three year old to help feed her sister lunch:
Dora's shades. I'm pretty sure I blinded her with my flash. Sorry Hopey.

And last Friday our Dory girl turned five. I can't ever decide how I feel about Dora's birthday's. She always seems older than she is so 5 doesn't seem all that much of a stretch. But then, I can't believe our little chubby cheeked princess is already reading and helping make lunch. It really does seem like such a short time ago that she was toddling around here with her big blue eyes and precious cheeky grin. She is such a wonderful help around here. The Lord gave me her as the oldest girl to keep me in line. I think I'm a better mommy with her by my side. :-) She loves loves loves to help nurture anything that needs a little mothering. She is a joy to watch around animals and wants to be a veterinarian one day. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she fulfills that dream. Do you think it's cruel that I don't want a pet right now? Can a future vet grow up in a house without pets? They say absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Well, we had our first "official" day of school here. The kids were soooo excited. I was pretty darn excited myself. I've been trying to choose a curriculum. Whoa Buddy. THAT is no easy task. Do you know how many mom's out there have a strong opinion on it? And they don't seem to mind confusing the rest of the rookies who are just trying to PICK ONE. I lost a little sleep over it the night I got what I thought was my choice for phonics and when I opened it I about cried. I needed 4 years of school and 4 hours of prep each night for a month just to understand the teachers guide. Okay, I'm exaggerating a little but I'm serious that I wanted something much more simple that I could adjust to what we need. Anyway, all is well after John Patrick declared while I was making dinner tonight that I'm the best teacher ever. :-) And then told daddy how much he loves his new school. He also lead us in the pledge of allegiance after breakfast. Which I wasn't prepared for so I drew a flag on a piece of paper. :-)
I'm pretty excited about what the rest of this year will bring. I can't describe the peace God has brought about homeschooling that I've prayed He would give me one day if we were ever going to choose this route. I really didn't know if we would ever home school. I just knew I would need it to be made clear to John and I. And I just want to say that my Father is so good. He answered my prayer even clearer than I would have dreamed and brought the peace only He can. I'm so thankful for the community of friends who are in the midst of this or are veterans. My mom has had some great little tidbits of truth that she just kind of sprinkles in here and there. I've talked with two mom's while in the "curriculum crisis" who also home schooled and have an astrophysicist and a national merit award winner between them. What!?! Can you imagine being used by God to accomplish something like that? Oh, the possibilities. What do you think this little man will be? Right now he says a Navy pilot. :-)
And last Friday our Dory girl turned five. I can't ever decide how I feel about Dora's birthday's. She always seems older than she is so 5 doesn't seem all that much of a stretch. But then, I can't believe our little chubby cheeked princess is already reading and helping make lunch. It really does seem like such a short time ago that she was toddling around here with her big blue eyes and precious cheeky grin. She is such a wonderful help around here. The Lord gave me her as the oldest girl to keep me in line. I think I'm a better mommy with her by my side. :-) She loves loves loves to help nurture anything that needs a little mothering. She is a joy to watch around animals and wants to be a veterinarian one day. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she fulfills that dream. Do you think it's cruel that I don't want a pet right now? Can a future vet grow up in a house without pets? They say absence makes the heart grow fonder.
4 comments:
I'm so excited to hear you're homeschooling...not b/c it's the only way but b/c I can't wait to learn from you!! Will pray for you as the Lord brings you to mind
Wonderful pictures - as always! (I'm honored at my mention!) I know that peaceful feeling of which you speak. I always think that it is funny that "peace" always means God is at work - but the lack of peace does not mean God is not at work.
Your kids are so adorable, I just want to eat them UP!
I'm excited to follow your homeschooling adventures! Please post lots and lots about your triumphs and challenges, Mommy Guilt aside. Lord knows there's enough of it out there to drown a mother in her own tears, no matter what decision you're trying to make, and I'm sure the world of education is about as easy to figure out as the world of nutrition. You'll be a wonderful teacher for you kids - who knows them better than you, right? And if JP already thinks you're the best, then 90% of your job is done :) Good luck!
wow, rach. Encouragment from a "real" teacher means a lot. :-) I'll keep you posted.
Post a Comment